Rising Writer

Friday, October 13, 2006

I Should Have Stayed in Bed Today by Jack Prelutsky

I should have stayed in bed today,
in bed's where I belong,
as soon as I got up today,
things started to go wrong,
I got a splinter in my foot,
my puppy made me fall,
I squirted toothpaste in me ear,
I crashed into the wall.
I knocked my homework off the desk,
it landed on my toes,
I spilled a glass of chocolate milk,
it's soaking through my clothes,
I accidentally bit my tongue,
that really made me moan,
and it was far from funny
when I banged my funny bone.
I scraped my knees, I bumped my nose,
I sat on a pin,
I leapt up with alacrity,
and sharply barked my shin,
I stuck a finger in my eye,
the pain is quite severe,
I'd better get right back to bed
and stay there for a year.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home