Rising Writer

Friday, October 13, 2006

Life's Not Been The Same in My Family by Jack Prelutsky

Life's not been the same in my family
since the day that the new baby came,
my parents completely ignore me,
they scarcly remeber my name.
The baby gets all their attention,
"Oh, isn't she precious!" they croon,
they think she looks like an angel,
I think she resembles a prune.
They're thrilled when she giggles or gurgles,
"She burped!" they exclaim with delight,
they dont even mind when she wakes us
with deafening screams in the night.
They seem to believe she's a treasure,
there's simply no way I agree,
I wish she'd stop being a baby and start being older than me.

6 Comments:

  • At 6:34 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I love this poem and plus I had to do it for my project but the worse thing is I got 17 out of 20

     
  • At 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Uhm i have a huge question,I love the poem and everything!But why do you have a passion about writing

     
  • At 1:20 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    What is the poem all about?

     
  • At 8:05 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Who's the speaker

     
  • At 8:38 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Who is the speaker

     
  • At 12:13 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    who is the speaker??

     

Post a Comment

<< Home